Our Location & Contact Details
Treatment and Services
Stomach flu causes inflammation of a child's stomach and digestive tract, usually triggering vomiting, diarrhea, and fever. Stomach flu is the second most common illness kids get, after respiratory infections like colds.
The eye infection conjunctivitis, often called pinkeye is common in young kids. It's usually contagious, and breakouts can spread through preschools. it's important to see a doctor. Some kinds of pinkeye go away on their own, but others need treatment.
One in four U.S. children suffers from allergies. They can feel run down, develop secondary sinus infections or asthma. Allergic rhinitis is the most common childhood ailment caused by allergies. Symptoms include a runny and itchy nose, sneezing, postnasal drip, and nasal congestion. A child with allergies may also have itchy, watery, red eyes and chronic ear problems.
Earaches in children are common. Causes can be from fluid behind the eardrum, an infection in the middle part of the ear, or an infection in the ear canal (swimmer's ear). Kids under 5 years old are at a higher risk for ear infections, especially after upper respiratory infections.
Rashes & Bites
We provide treatment for bug bites, rash, swelling, redness, and itching. Common types of rashes, included hives, eczema, viral rash, insect bites, heat rash, and contact rash.
Fever remains the most common concern prompting parents to take their child to the ER. Fever is commonly caused by a viral infection. Your child's body uses a fever to help fight the virus.
Your child could have some kind of virus if they are complaining of pain or discomfort in their throat, having trouble swallowing, or is experiencing hoarseness and coughing.
Sometimes it’s hard to tell whether a minor laceration can be treated at home or needs further medical assistance. Our providers are trained to assess the severity of the injury and provide the necessary to treatment ranging from bandaging to stitches, Steri-Strips, and Dermabond.
Common Cold & Flu
Differentiating between common cold and flu can be difficult. Our in-house lab can quickly diagnose whether your child is experiencing a common cold or the flu virus.
When we sweat, cry, urinate, poop or vomit, we lose important body water that must be replaced. When it is not replaced, our bodies get dehydrated. Signs of dehydration include a dry or sticky mouth, few or no tears when crying, sunken eyes, less frequent urination, dry or cool skin, and drowsiness or dizziness.
Why Choose Us?
As a provider of pediatric urgent care in Lakewood Ranch, FL, we at Your Kids Urgent Care can ensure superior care for every child who enters our office. We make it our goal to give every child individualized attention, as well as the best treatment possible. We have a team of board-certified pediatricians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and medical assistants available to provide urgent care for kids in any situation.
How We Can Help
As providers of kids urgent care in Lakewood Ranch, FL, we provide numerous services and can help in many situations. Whether your child has allergies or is suffering from a fever, pink eye, a rash or an earache, we offer the care your child needs to get better as quickly as possible. When you need urgent care for kids, you can rely on us to help. At our offices, we treat all children, including babies, toddlers and school-aged children. We can even help individuals up to 21 years of age. Additionally, we accept most insurance providers, as well as Medicaid, so you know in addition to receiving the best care possible, your child is getting affordable and reliable service.
COVID-19 testing in Lakewood Ranch, FL
Imagine having to unload your car-full of kids, head to a waiting room, trying to make sure they all keep their masks on and stay seated while you all wait to get swabbed and tested for a novel virus in the middle of a pandemic. All while not feeling well. Sounds horrible, right? Well good news- Your Kids Urgent Care in Lakewood Ranch, FL thought that sounded anxiety-inducing as well, so we’re dedicated to making COVID-19 testing as simple and stress-free as possible. We provide drive-thru testing for the whole family. It’s so easy that you can drive up in your car and be tested without ever having to leave your vehicle. All Insurance is accepted!
You may simply drive-up anytime during clinic hours or you may set an appointment here. We are located right off Highway 31 in the Publix Shopping Center in Lakewood Ranch, FL. Our current clinic hours are 12pm - 8pm Monday through Friday.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you have experienced any of these symptoms or have concerns about your family's possible exposure to the virus, feel free to stop by our clinic for a comprehensive Coronavirus test. Your results will be delivered within 24-48 hours.
Remember to continue following these CDC guidelines:
- Wash your hands with soap and water regularly
- Use hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol content) only if soap and water are unavailable
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid close contact with others, maintaining a 6 foot distance from anyone who doesn’t live with you or who lives with you but is sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others (continue maintaining 6 foot distance)
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or into your elbow
- Clean and disinfect
- Monitor your health daily, keeping an eye out for any symptoms.
For information and advice on hand washing, visit this article from the CDC about making hand washing a family activity.
Click here for a free short story to help school-aged children understand why their teachers are wearing face shields.
Visit this page for a downloadable, printable lesson on Bacteria, Germs, and Viruses.
If you have any additional questions that weren’t answered here, give us a call at (205) 769-6800 or send us a message!
Flu Shots in Lakewood Ranch, FL
It’s time for your children to get their annual flu shots! We provide flu shots at Your Kids Urgent Care in Lakewood Ranch, FL.
It’s so important for your kids to be protected this flu season and the best protection you can give to them is a flu vaccine. While this vaccine is not 100% effective, since there are several different circulating strains, any protection against the flu is better than no protection. We strive to provide vaccinations that protect against the several strains expected for that particular year.
Flu Vaccination Benefits (directly from the CDC)
- can keep you from getting sick with the flu
- can reduce the risk of flu-associated hospitalization for children
- is an important preventive tool for people with chronic health conditions
- can reduce severity of illness in people who get vaccinated but still get sick
- helps protect people around you
- can be lifesaving in children
FAQ’s about Flu Shots
Who should get a flu shot?
- All children 6 months of age and older
- All caregivers and household contacts to help protect those who can’t receive a flu vaccine or those with high-risk medical conditions
When should my child get a flu shot?
- The CDC recommends vaccinating as soon as flu vaccine is available
- Flu season can start as early as October, but usually peaks between January and March.
How many flu shot doses does my child need?
- Children ages 6 months to 8 years old receiving the flu vaccine for the first time should receive two doses of influenza vaccine.
- Children 9 and up or younger children need only one dose of influenza vaccine each year.
Why do my children need a flu vaccine every year?
- Immune protection from vaccination declines over time, so annual vaccination is needed for the best protection.
- Flu viruses are constantly changing, therefore the vaccines may be updated from one season to the next to protect against the viruses that research suggests could be most common during the upcoming flu season.
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
For the best protection, everyone 6 months and older should get vaccinated annually. Your Kids Urgent Care in Lakewood Ranch, FL offers flu shots to children 4 years of age and up*. No appointment required! Just drive up and we’ll take care of the whole family! Contact us with any questions or concerns.
*Visit your child’s pediatrician for children under the age of 4.